Well, getting this award made my Sunday morning, so a big thank you to www.craftinginportugal.wordpress.com. Which, to those of you who know me, is very appropriate, considering the many bags of half finished crafty things and scraps of fabric, jewellery wire and beads we have brought with us to Portugal.
To accept this award I have to tell you eight things about myself and nominate eight other blogs which manage to get a good yarn/information across in the time it takes to boil the kettle for the many cups I coffee I drink throughout the day.
Anyway, before I waffle and break the rules of the award, here are eight things about me.
1. I have just published a children’s book for 7-9 year olds called ‘The Rivoli Wigwam’. It will be available on www.Amazon.com in digital format and in print tomorrow, 9th December. Sorry, I know, the last sentence is a shameless plug. Well it is Christmas.
2. I adore sushi. I miss sitting in Cambridge eating sushi. But – I also like sitting in Leiria eating sushi. Which I would probably miss if I were in Cambridge.
3. I love making short films. I even like running local film festivals.
4. In England I used to organise craft fairs and promote local arts, crafts and food. This is in the belief that we should all try to eat local seasonal produce and buy recycled or locally made goods when and where possible. Or encourage it.
5. I love walking through woods collecting kindling then coming back to a real fire with hot chocolate and marshmallows.
6. I fell in love with and bought an old MG which is currently stored in England. Next spring I hope to import it to Portugal where it can only be driven for six months due to the British plates. Then I will have to sell it or go back to England.
7. I eat half a bar of chocolate everyday. Except on weekends.
8. I am a hoarder. Although I am proud to say I have just filled two bin liners with clothes to take to charity. Now I just have to get them out the house quickly before I go through them again.
Now for the nominations – ta daah!